As part of my work in MIT’s d’Arbeloff laboratory, I worked on developing mobile manufacturing robots with application to aircraft manufacturing in collaboration with Boeing. The concept is to use linear actuation and parallel configurations to achieve high force-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios.
My work consisted in:
- Development of a planar wall-climbing prototype and conducting tests;
- Design and manufacturing of a custom structure using aluminum frames and 3D-printed parts;
- Programming of an on-board microcontroller and pc interface;
- Integration of servo-motors, pneumatic actuators, grippers, on-board microcontroller and power electronics;
- Development of a global position feedback system using vision from an external camera.