During the last two year of my bachelor’s degree, I was part of Project Phoebus, consisting in the development of a high performance electric car, based on a VW Golf. I developed a two-speed robotized transmission to be used with a TM4 electric motor.
My work consisted in:
- System level design of the powertrain and shift logic planning;
- Design of a gear engagement mechanism, integrating actuators and sensors;
- The development of a controller that synchronizes the motor velocity with the wheel during shifts;
- The mechanical design of an aluminum housing that took 80 hours of machining to manufacture;
- Its assembly and integration into the Phoebus electric car and road tests.